Soulful Portraits II
After my first Soulful Portraits workshop with Bourguereau that was inspired by a painting by William-Adolpe Bourguereau I thought it might be a good idea to continue with the theme, but use it to practice a different kind of technique, because I really love the idea of Soulful Portraits.
In this workshop I would like to take you on a journey of creative exploration with inexpensive craft’s acrylics.
The difference between Premium acrylics and craft’s acrylics is not only the quality and difference in price, but also the availability of color.
Just look at the array of colors available to you in Americana, Craft Smart or Folk Art paints. And you can have them all, because they are only about $2 each. For most part, crafts paints are very opaque, and because they are already very specifically mixed, I would not recommend blending them together, because they will very quickly become “muddy”. So the beautiful pink, green or the lovely shade of blue looses it’s vibrancy very quickly. The other obstacle is that, they don’t get very dark, so instead of putting a dark to create a shade, we will try to learn how to use contrasting colors to create a “shade”, and I will explain that in the class. The nice thing about the wide range of colors is that you can easily create some very interesting combinations of colors, instead of trying to figure out how to match the color you like.
What else you might like in the workshop
- I think that this workshop will help your understanding of colors in a very fun way, and is suitable to beginners and more advanced artists.
- We will also focus on creating an interesting composition that brings the viewer into the painting and I think you will enjoy this class.
- You will have an access to a FB page, were you can share your final piece or get any help while creating your project.
This class contains only one project that is broken down into detailed narrative videos 5 in total and about 30 minutes each. All the videos are available for immediate download, and the class has a lifetime access.
- Mixed Media paper or page, you can of course use Canvas or Canvas Board
- Pencil, Eraser
- Craft’s Paint Acrylics, Colors – Skin Tone, Raw Siena, Pink – light, bright and darker Pink, Violet, Sage Green, Peach, Burgundy, Red Violet, Sky Blue, Bright green
Please note that they are no refunds after purchasing the class, if you have any questions about if this class is right for you on any other concerns, please email me at Artentive@icloud.net