When I struggle

Posted on

Struggle is not good, I am not saying that life should be completely care free. I like challenges, and sometimes I think that the things I do push me further into places that sometimes I feel so tangled up in, I don’t know how to dig myself back out of. I also believe, that the life I lead sometimes pushes me to isolate myself in way i don’t necessarily like. But, I guess that’s life? And when it rains, it pours. While back I have decided I wanted to paint, because it made me feel so good. It made me forget things I did not want to feel. It made me distracted, but also more connected to something, I did not even know what that was. And now, I almost feel like I am grasping for air, trying to find time to paint again in a way it felt like before, so freeing so carefree. I have to look for those spaces in a day, when I can do that and not feel guilty about not answering someone’s email, or request. Yes, I am built that way. I don;t like to leave people hanging, they are all on my mind when someone needs help with something, and I get distracted.

And then I say to myself, it’s all good, I love my life the way it is, and then I will just paint a goose, the one that loves you, but also wants to fly carefree.My Wild Goose.jpeg

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “When I struggle

gaelle1947 said:
    April 2, 2016 at 6:17 pm

One of my favorite quote is: “I paint in order not to cry.” (Paul Klee). To be able to transcribe our feelings into artworks of any kind is a gift that is life-giving,life-saving and life-sustaining. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

renataloree responded:
      April 2, 2016 at 8:32 pm

And i love that quote, thank you for sharing as well πŸ™‚

Glynda DeVore said:
    April 3, 2016 at 8:38 pm

I find myself with these feelings when i crowd myself with too much, of whatever. My mind gets tired from good stress and bad stress, it’s all stress. Running away from stress usually leaves me unorganized and clutter that has to be dealt with. Organizing and tidying my house usually is a good start to regain my good stress level, and it exercises my body and helps to clear my mind.

Teaching was apart of my job when I worked outside the home. Preparing for a class is time consuming but once the lesson is completed, and the handouts made, a feeling of accomplishment arrives. Preparation for me was key. I could repeat the lesson to others and if I needed to add more info, not so hard. The teacher works so hard and usually benefits more than the student. The joy of giving our knowledge to others is a reward all it’s own, putting in the time ahead of the total lesson was key for me. I could relax and enjoy delivering the lesson. This gave me peace of mind that I was providing for my students. I could have more time for me and not feel pulled and stretched.

You are a wonderful teacher! I’m following along with lots on my plate, lol πŸ™‚

renataloree responded:
      April 4, 2016 at 12:23 am

Glynda, I can relate to this so much, and yes when I start stressing out it gets worse, it’s better to start organizing first, and then things seam to fall better into place :), thanks so much for sharing this with me.

CarolWiebe said:
    April 4, 2016 at 11:17 pm

As a yoga teacher, you know about balance. We all know it is much easier to talk about balance in life than to achieve it. The struggle demands constant evaluation and introspection. However, for me there is one major test to help me decide my next move. Does it bring me joy?

This doesn’t mean that I give up something as soon as I feel stressed, or that I expect to feel joyful right away or all the time. But don’t you usually have a sense of the direction things are going in? “Is this a road to joy?” is an appropriate question.

And when things are too complicated for the joy question, then we have to ask “What can I let go of to make things simpler?”

renataloree responded:
      April 5, 2016 at 12:34 am

Thank you Carol for your thoughts and wisdom, and I do have to agree, Sometimes we have to find out if there is something in a way we should let go of, or maybe even holding us back to experience pure joy even in the dire places or making things simpler :).